FACT OFF is a combination of electro-acoustic musical sequences and spoken words composed together in one piece, leaving a space for improvisation and experimentation. Regarding the “style” it is a journey beyond clear musical classifications. Though one could recognize elements of jazz,ambient, industrial, electronica, classical or what is often labeled as contemporary music, none of these expressions dominates. Therefore, FACT OFF should be listened as a singular and authentic sonic artistic act.
Musical-poetic performance FACT OFF appears as a part of a new and broader artistic concept by which Ambrosia challenges and reevaluates its own position in a pan-catastrophic world. What kind of subjective structure and esthetics is in the background of Ambrosia’s eternal existence at the very boundary of the society and its culture? Within a phenomenology of these questions and answers Ambrosia appears as an indisputable off-FACT, which permanently oscillates, in a dissonant and uncompromising way, being always incommensurable to itself and its surroundings.
FACT OFF is composed and performed by:
* Igor Banjac – narration, voice, CD player, sampler, electronic FX, step-percussion synth;
* Elvir Šahić – didgeridoo, improvised percussion, sound pipes, step-percussion synth;
* Nebojša Šavija–Valha – guitar, electronic FX, improvised percussion, sound pipes, voice, step-percussion synth;
* Ognjen Šavija – guitar, keyboards, sequencer, sampler, electronic FX, string box, recorder, programming, step-percussion synth
* Fact Off 0 - Metelkova Mesto, Ljubljana, 2008
* Fact Off 1 - OKC Abrašević, Mostar, 14 Mart 2009
* Fact Off 1 - AKC Medika, Zagreb [FAKI], 2009
* Fact Off 2 - Cafe gallery Zvono, Sarajevo, 14 February 2015
* Fact Off 2 - Aquarius, Zenica, 2015, 2016
* Fact Off 2 - Kriterion, Sarajevo, 20 February 2016
* Fact Off 2 - OKC Abrašević, Mostar, 1 April 2017